WELCOME TO FSM DHSA
FSM Mourns the Late Secretary Livingston Taulung
The Department of Health and Social Affairs mourns the loss of the late Secretary Livingston Taulung. The Late Doctor Livingston Taulung served the Department from January 2020 until his time of passing in February 2021. Heartful Condolences from the Department to family, friends, and colleagues.
Message from the Acting Secretary
Mr. Marcus Samo
Thank you for visiting our Department of Health and Social Affairs website. Whether you get to this website by accident or to search for a particular information or what this Department does, please spend a few minutes to look through the website and learn what this Department can do for you.
The Department of Health and Social Affairs (DHSA) is one of the executive departments of the FSM National Government. Its mandate is to promote the health and welfare of the people of this nation. To achieve that goal, this Department is organized into two main divisions: Division of Health and the Division of Social Affairs.
The Division of Health oversees the implementation of all the health programs ranging from the prevention and control of communicable diseases (TB, Leprosy, STD) to non-communicable disease (diabetes, cancer, tobacco control related diseases), behavioral health and wellness (substance abuse prevention and treatment, mental health conditions), child and women’s, and immunization programs.
The Division of Social Affairs directs the social development of our youth, sports activities, elderly, and women. With a special lens on gender role advancement, the Division of Social Affairs facilitates implementation of agreements related to human rights on behalf of the FSM.
Thank you for visiting our website.
FSM COVID-19 NEWS/UPDATES
- FSM National Government Begins COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign for Frontline Workers; President Panuelo Takes Vaccine to Build Trust & Confidence, Palikir, January 04, 2021
- FSM COVID Challenge, Palikir, December 11, 2020
- FSM National Government Indefinitely Postpones December 5th Repatriation Flight & Cancels Operation Christmas Drop, Palikir, December 1, 2020
- 41 FSM Citizens & Diplomats Enter Pre-Quarantine in Guam for Repatriation to the FSM on December 5th, Palikir, November 24, 2020
- Face Masks by Local NGO, Palikir, October 28, 2020
- Modular Isolation Units Handover Ceremony, Palikir, October 16, 2020
- FSM Citizen Repatriation Efforts to Begin with COVID-19 Free Jurisdictions, Palikir, September 22, 2020
- Signing of Social Distancing Decree by His Excellency President David W. Panuelo, Palikir, August 25, 2020
- Pre-Quarantine Prior to Repatriation in FSM, Expanding Economic Stimulus to More Businesses, and Expanding Unemployment Aid to Non-Citizens Discussed in Committee to Wait on the President, Palikir, August 18, 2020
FSM COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine
FSM COVID-19 VACCINATION COVERAGE AS OF 04/28/2021
Eligible population (18 years and older)