WELCOME TO FSM DHSA
MESSAGE FROM THE SECRETARY
The Honorable Livingston Taulung
Thank you for visiting our Department of Health and Social Affairs website. Whether you get to this website by accident or to search for a particular information or what this Department does, please spend a few minutes to look through the website and learn what this Department can do for you.
The Department of Health and Social Affairs (DHSA) is one of the executive departments of the FSM National Government. Its mandate is to promote the health and welfare of the people of this nation. To achieve that goal, this Department is organized into two main divisions: Division of Health and the Division of Social Affairs.
The Division of Health oversees the implementation of all the health programs ranging from the prevention and control of communicable diseases (TB, Leprosy, STD) to non-communicable disease (diabetes, cancer, tobacco control related diseases), behavioral health and wellness (substance abuse prevention and treatment, mental health conditions), child and women’s, and immunization programs.
The Division of Social Affairs directs the social development of our youth, sports activities, elderly, and women. With a special lens on gender role advancement, the Division of Social Affairs facilitates implementation of agreements related to human rights on behalf of the FSM.
Thank you for visiting our website.
FSM COVID-19 NEWS/UPDATES
- Kosrae Simulation Exercises, Tofol, Kosrae, July 20, 2020
- FSM COVID-19 Guidelines, Palikir, August 4, 2020
- Press Release on the People’s Republic of China donating additional medical supplies to the FSM, Palikir, July 27, 2020
- Press Release on the second half of simulation exercises to prepare for the repatriation of FSM citizens residing in the State of Kosrae, Palikir, July 25, 2020
- Press Release on Closure of FSM Consulate in Oregon due to COVID-19, Portland, Orgeon, July 21, 2020
- Press Release on the results of the COVID-19 readiness assessment and simulation exercises in the State of Kosrae, Tofol, Kosrae, July 17, 2020
- Press Release on President distributing first Pandemic Unemployment Assistence Check, Palikir, July 14, 2020